Isabel!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My unique kid.

I'm pretty sure Isabel is reveling in the fact that she is unique. I think she enjoys being different from *most* kids. When most of the babies in our playgroup started sleeping through the night (meaning at least 5 hours in a row), Isabel was one of the few still waking up every 3 hours to eat. The only times she has slept in five or six hour blocks of time are these: her first week of life (until she heard the pediatrician say that she needed to be waking up every 2-3 hours to eat, so she did) and every growth spurt she's had since then. Unique. Every other baby going through a growth spurt doesn't sleep as well. My kid sleeps for six hour blocks two nights in a row, and then goes back to pounding her cute, chubby fists on my chest until I wake up to feed her every 3 hours. Yawn. I looked back and realized she did it in June, in early July, and she just did it again this week. Gotta be a growth spurt!

It's very common for babies to first roll from their fronts to their backs. Not my kid though! No. She goes from her back to her front....and always over her left side, never her right side. I have not yet seen her roll from her tummy onto her back. She gets stuck on her tummy and lets me know when she's DONE playing and wants to be picked up.

Teething. Isabel got her first tooth on Sunday (8/29/2010). Well, she'd been working on it for a good two weeks, and it finally poked through Sunday. Now I see that her gums on top are swollen in the same spot just above the bottom tooth. Most kids get multiple teeth on the bottom first and then later get top teeth. Not my kid.

That's why I love her. She's unique!

No comments: