Isabel!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Filaisms

Fila is the name of the lady who takes care of my Sweetie Pie while I'm at work. She's a very funny, interesting Mexican lady. Very talkative. VERY. She doesn't speak much English, and her Spanish is pretty colloquial, so I don't understand everything she says either! It usually takes me a good 20 minutes to get out of there, whether I'm dropping Isabel off in the morning or picking her up in the evening. Especially in the evening...........so since I do a lot of listening when I'm at Fila's house, I've decided to record some Filaisms....straight from her mouth:

Tiene patas de empanada! (Her feet look like empanadas. It must be noted that 'patas' is really translated as 'paws' - this is just Fila's quirky way of talking.)

Ayyy, es un hhhotkeik! (She's a hotcake.)

Se ve como que trae un Kotex! (She looks like she's wearing a Kotex [pad]! This one needs a bit of an explanation. Isabel was blessed with a very cute, but rather substantial booty. Yesterday I was holding her and part of her booty cheek was hanging out of her diaper. So Fila was saying that it looked like her diaper fit her like a Kotex pad.)

Tiene rodillas de bunuelos! (Her knees look like bunuelos - those doughy yummy fried things. yummm.)

Ayy, que peluda! Parece un durazno! (Ayy, how hairy she is! She looks like a peach. Isabel is NOT hairy....she's just got very light-colored peach fuzz on her legs. Ok, and some hairs on her toes. It's cute.)

Fila was telling me last night that her husband told her that it looked like Isabel had swallowed a board because her back is so straight, but I can't remember how she said it. It was a word I hadn't heard of before. I'll add some more Filaisms from time to time. ;)

No comments: