Isabel!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The worst thing ever has just happened!! (I must qualify that statement: the worst thing to me in my present life...it probably doesn't seem like such a big deal to you, dear reader.) I've had nightmares of this very thing happening, and today it actually did.

Earlier this week I ran out of breastmilk storage bags. I haven't been able to get to the store to buy more, so I ordered them from Amazon.com and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I have some extra Lansinoh bottles that I can use to store the pumped milk in the meantime. This afternoon I pumped for an HOUR in order to get more milk, and I think I had collected about 5 or 6 ounces by that point. I was feeling a bit lazy so I had just attached the Lansinoh bottles to the Medela pump parts and pumped that way. After I was done pumping, I turned to disconnect the pump and one of the bottles FELL TO THE FLOOR and milk (aka liquid gold) started pouring out of it! I shrieked and leaned over to pick it up, and the other bottle FELL TO THE FLOOR and milk started pouring out of it!!! At least half of the milk I'd just pumped was dumped on my dirty office floor, lost forever. I was SO tempted to grab a straw, suck up the milk and spit it into a bottle.....but I didn't because that would be really gross. In the end, I only collected 2.5 ounces from that pumping session. DANG IT. That bites!

I learned my lesson though. I am pumping again (for the third time today), and using my Medela bottles that were made to fit my pump parts. *sigh*

No comments: