Isabel!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

In Which Isabel Lives, Even After Tasting Formula

Alright, I admit it. Formula did not kill my baby. She had her first real schlurp of it last Friday at daycare when Fila put two ounces of formula into two of her bottles of breastmilk. Reportedly, and to my utter amazement, she didn't rear back her head, give Fila a wild-eyed look of disgust, and hurl it up immediately.....she drank it good-naturedly. Wow. How about that? I'm still not happy about having to supplement with formula, but the good news is that I may not have to do so for at least a while longer. See, this cool medicine (Reglan) that's for tummy issues has a nice little side effect of making a nursing mommy produce MORE milk, so my OB got me on it, and *whoop whoop!!* I am producing more milk!! I pumped 8.5 ounces this morning at the 9:00 pumping, which is an epic amount for me!! Sorry if that was TMI. Well, I'm not really sorry. Reading my blog, you know things like this might come up. ;)

No comments: