Isabel!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Filaisms, continued and photo updates on waving.

Yes, I have more Filaisms. I think I might have one for every day of the week. I used to forget many of them, so now I've taken steps to remedy that. I'm putting a small notebook in my car so that as soon as I escape from Fila's conversational clutches, I can jot down her latest tidbit for your reading pleasure.

Ok, so today's Filaism:

She was talking about how she thinks Isabel is not wanting to drink quite as much of her milk as before because now she is eating 'el Gerbers' (said with a very heavy accent)....think, 'el Gerrrrrrberrrrrrrs'(aka baby food). Fila said that on Monday, Isabel ate el Gerrrrrberrrrrs around lunchtime, and then a few hours later was drinking her bottle. While drinking her bottle, "se repitio como un borracho, como un 'wino'!" (translation: she burped like a drunkard, like a wino!) The funniest part was that Fila gave me a demonstration of that burp. "Uuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!" I so wish I could've recorded it and posted it here. I almost fell on the floor laughing!

So last night I was telling Bryan how Fila is teaching Isabel to wave. I told him that Isabel waved down low and kind of off to the side yesterday. I was holding her, so I started saying, "Adioooooooos" to her and waving at her to see if she would do it back so that Bryan could see. Ha. She looked at me witheringly as if to say, "Mom, we both know good and well that neither of us is leaving the house tonight. I do NOT feel like waving at you right now. I'm not some monkey in a circus, after all." This morning I told Fila that Isabel refused to wave at us last night, so she started Adiosing Isabel again and waving at her. Isabel again lifted her hand a bit by her side and moved it in the waving motion! See?


Then Fila lifted Isabel's hand so that it looked more like a wave:


Now why will she do it for Fila, but not for her parents?!! We'll keep working on that. Here's one more pic of my cutie, just for good measure.


Walking? Well, not quite. But standing pretty well on those sturdy legs of hers!

No comments: